20.11.2020 — Innovation, Creativity, Design
Citylab 2020: a hackathon of 3 days to rethink the common goods in the city!
Rethinking the notion of "common goods" in the city, imagining new services and objects in order to strengthen it... a great challenge that the students from the Ecole Centrale de Nantes, Audencia and the Ecole Supérieure d'Architecture de Nantes (ensa Nantes) have taken up during this 5th edition of the Citylab! The 2020 edition of this annual event by l’Alliance took place via an e-learning platform during 3 days between November 13 and November 20.
To help them with this task, the 110 participating students, divided into 10 topical groups, have been assisted by:
- a teaching team responsible for the methodology deployed
- students from the MASDI specialisation at Audencia SciencesCom
- students responsible for the respect of the methodology and tools
- the 5 partners which assigned them this challenge (the city of Nantes, Groupe Réalités, CHU de Nantes, Pick Up production and la Villa Numeris)
The students had been invited to ask themselves up-front about the nature of the resources concerned, the way in which they are mobilised and regulated within our society, and to whom they benefit, in order to then imagine realistic and original concepts and services. Each team then had the task of:
- schematize the uses of the common goods concerned in the city,
- suggest alternatives and implementation modalities,
- produce a video to sum up their proposal, so that it can be submitted to the public online vote
All this in a digital environment compatible with current sanitary conditions.
An online vote will take place from November 24 to November 30 to elect this year’s winner.
The Groupe REALITES, which has participated in the event this year, is a precious partner for Audencia, via the Chair « REALITES – Faire vivre l’intelligence des territoires ». REALITES is specialised in territorial development and aims at designing innovative real estate or urban projects.